Social Media Community Assistant (WFH Remote)
United States of America
We are ramping up our digital marketing efforts and need a Social Media Community Assistant (WFH Remote) to grow with us. We are a team of watch enthusiasts that have recently started an online watch journal to complement our newly opened retail store in Los Angeles.
Our online store and journal can be found here: https://www.revwatches.com
The Social Media Community Assistant will be the eyes and ears of REV WATCHES. Each day, you will be representing the brand, and our partners across all relevant digital communities and social platforms like Reddit, Facebook Groups, and more.
To be effective on channels like Reddit, you will need to be a skilled communicator and a strategic thinker with a great sense of humor.
The ideal candidate will also have a good understanding of how blogs, newsletters, other social communities like Reddit, Facebook Groups, and online forums fit into a brand’s marketing strategy. In addition, you must have an eye for design, and be a strong copywriter.
A typical day as a Community Assistant might include:
- Managing and engaging the Watch Collector’s community on channels like: Facebook Groups, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, TikTok, Quora, other dedicated watch forums/communities like WatchCrunch.com, WatchUSeek.com, and more
- Organize and report on community events and activities, such as online community events, fan-meetups, dedicated community content, brand giveaway events, and more.
- Monitoring social channels for opportunities to answer community questions using content from our blog, propose giveaway partnership opportunities with 3rd party community moderators, etc.
- Propose posting ideas to the Social Media team that will help drive engagement to across Instagram, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, Pinterest.
- Curate, edit, and organize imagery, short videos, memes, etc for social, e-commerce, blog, and email campaigns.
- Update homepage imagery, banners, and copywriting to cycle through product promotions and ensure content consistency across all digital channels
- Ideally, 2+ years experience in communications or marketing. Preferably in social media marketing, editorial, content creation, and distribution.
- Uses and creates on social media daily. Reddit is a plus.
- Energy and enthusiasm for social media. Knowledge and experience around all existing and up-and-coming social platforms – such as Facebook and Facebook Groups, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc
- The candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about current trends in art, style, lifestyle, content development, and distribution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration, and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Understanding of how brands should participate in social media authentically.
- The candidate is culturally sensitive to the latest trends; understands the internet, social and meme culture, and how to work within it while maintaining brand safety.
- Keen interest in watches is required.
You should have
- Strong communication skills - you know how to stir up great conversation, foster engagement and interaction, and listen.
- The ability to make relevant content across all platforms and have skills in design, social media copywriting, and newsletter copywriting.
- Experience with Photoshop, Canva, Trello, etc.
- Tech-savvy acumen - enough to not be afraid of learning new tools that can enhance the creative development process and automate repetitive tasks.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Flexibility to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- Passion for working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Analytical mindset able to collect, synthesize, and use social data to affect change.
- Reliable and secure access to high-speed internet
- Native level oral and written communication in English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with SEO and Keyword Tools like SEMRush or Ahrefs, but not required.
- Familiarity with watches and watch brands is a significant plus but not required.
Step 1: Complete the video application here: https://in.interviewer.ai/interview/ca2cc8da-35e2-4f54-a56a-fb259dc7be8b .
Step 2: A call with your potential manager or someone from the hiring team to dive deeper into your experiences and goals.
Step 3: A short assessment to help us see your skill sets as they relate to the role we have.
Step 4: Depending on the role, interviews with key stakeholders from the role (could be 1 or up to 3) who will dive further into the role with you and answer any questions you may have.